Making a Bra requires specialized Fabrics, Findings, Elastics, Underwires and of Course a Pattern!
Below are tools and information that I am sharing with you to help on your bra making journey.
The resources list will help you locate the items you require to make many comfortable, well-fitting and long wearing bras. Remember that using high quality materials provides a much greater satisfaction with the end product.
Make sure you download the FREE RESOURCES listed below. They are great time savers!
Things to Consider when Taking Courses & Purchasing Supplies
- Download the Stretch Factor Ruler, The Shopping List and check out the How to Measure Video in the resources before you Shop
- Check out the supplies list below for tools and equipment you require
- Order more than you need for one bra, You'll want to start another right away.
- Purchase a bit of matching lace. A little lace adds a lot to a bra!
- Ensure you purchase the findings that will help your new bra support your breasts. Small findings work great on smaller chested people. Large findings are require for larger breasted people.
- Purchase polyester thread only. Polyester lingerie thread works too!
- Purchase 3 Pairs of wires in different sizes for your first bra. One as per the pattern's recommendation and one size up and once size down. Check with the company you're ordering from for this advice. Remember the correct wires make all the difference
- Get the right needles. I swear by the Schmetz 75/11 Stretch Needles. Makes all the difference in the ease of sewing and great looking stitches.
- Purchase a non-stretch tricot such as Duoplex, 40 Diener, Sheer Cup Lining, etc. This is used in the frame, cups and straps of the bra.
- Purchase a good recovery Powernet for the back band. This will ensure your Bra does its job all day long.
Use these tools to ensure you have the best sewing experience possible!
A convenient and useful tool for determining the percentage of stretch on all types of stretch fabrics.
Great for the sewing room and your purse!
Measuring for Bra Pattern
The above video provides useful tips for you to measure for the Pin Up Girls Patterns. It will also help in measuring for other patterns you may obtain.
Here at Bra Making Academy, the courses are taught using the
Pin-up Girls Patterns.
Any classic styled bra pattern that is similar to the Pin-up Girls Classic Bra can be used for the
Bra Making Fundamentals Mastery Course
Once you have achieved a well-fitting bra pattern through Bra Making Fundamentals, your pattern can be used for any of the Academy's courses and workshops
for The Pin-up Girls Pattern workshops which exclusively require the Pin-up Girls Patterns.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding pattern style and fit prior to the course, please contact me so I can better aide you in your bra making journey.
NOTE: I have placed an asterisk*beside the following companies that carry Pin Up Girl Line of patterns
Shop at These On-line Retailers for your Bra Making Supplies, Patterns and Other Materials
My goal is to help you achieve a well fitting bra pattern in the style you prefer.
This is where my exclusive private personalized on-line fitting consultation comes into play.
You can spend hours sewing, money on fabrics and findings, but if your bra does not fit, you will be frustrated and disappointed. Let me help you put an end to this frustration.
Once you have achieved that goal I want to share with you the secret to modifying and designing bras from one or two well fitting patterns.
Together we can bring out the designer in you!
Join me here at Bra Making Academy where there will be new workshops and courses added, as well as live events and a forum for you to meet with other bra makers like yourself.
Have You Got Questions?
Contact me! I am here to help!
Contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to meeting you!
You have the Power to be comfortable & confident!
Take a Class or Workshop and build your bra sewing tool kit!